The FARMER, NGO is established in 2002 is working at national level for the welfare of mainly farmers, rural youths, women and for over all sustainable rural development in the field of agriculture and allied industries. Now a days the activities of FARMER are mainly focused on western UP through the training programmes related to Integrated Pest Management (IPM), Organic Cultivation, Quality Control of Agri Inputs and Soil and Pesticide Contamination in Agri food produce. The FARMER is implementing a project sponsored by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science of Technology, Govt. of India entitled “Appropriate Biotechnologies Communication and Diffusion (ABCD) With Special Reference To Biological Agents (Bio-Fertilizers & Bio-Pesticides) For Rural Development – Phase I” started in 2008-09 and will continue up to 2010-11. Besides the another important activity of NGO is to create awareness and find out the suitable control measures for the control of White Grub on sugarcane and other kharif crops which has become the major problem for farmers in western UP damaging and affecting the sugar crop yield up to more than 30%.
Other proposed projects: -
- Setting up of Bio-control lab / Bio-fertilizer lab for production of Bio-agents.
- Setting up of Water Testing lab.
- Selected Farms & Villages Soil Mapping.
- Setting up of KISAAN KYOSKS in city markets for backward and forward Marketing Linkage for Organic & Other Agri. Produce through Basket Delivery System, by forming Farmer’s Clubs and Consumer’s Clubs.
- Survey of species of White Grub on Sugarcane and other Kharif Crops, validation of efficacy of EPN on White Grub control and training & awareness to farmers at village level on White Grub.