FARMER ORGANIZATION BACKGROUND
National Organization Established in 2002
FARMER is a national development organisation established by a group of senior scientists from agriculture research institutes and different sectors of agriculture. It started its operation in the year 2002. The main objective of this organisation is to mobilise large farming community for adopting available appropriate agri-technologies and techniques that help them to sustain productivity of various agricultural and horticulture crops. With the relentless efforts of various field trails and laboratory testing of agri-inputs over 19 years, we have gained a rich experience of managing pre and post-harvest agriculture operations.
FARMER is working towards promoting sustainable agriculture ecosystem by providing services such as soil conservation & soil fertility, pest-control, nutrient recycling, pollination, water provision, carbon sequestration and climate resilient farm practices to archive livelihood and food security for all.
FARMER has well-equipped laboratory for testing of soil and all agri-puts with production facility of quality biofertilisers and biological pesticides to fulfil the daily requirements of farmers. It is a collaborative effort of multiple agencies, research institutes and universities that enabled FARMER to access technology from leading research institutions and universities that disseminated to thousands of farmers and farmland for adoption and implementation of farm technologies. Bridging those institutions with farmers has been the satisfying endeavour that has endeared the Foundation with professional scientists and farmers alike.
FARMER is recognized by the following organisations for implementation of their inter-state, state and regional projects and programs.
• Scientific Industrial Research Organisation (SIRO), DSIR, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt of India.
• Voluntary Centre of Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR), Ministry of Agriculture, Govt of India.
• Voluntary Organization of Indian Agriculture Research Institute (IARI), Ministry of Agriculture, Govt of India.
• Regional Council (RC), Ministry of Agriculture for Organic Certification under PGS.
• Successfully implemented projects funded by Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt of India
• Department of Science & Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt of India.
• National Institute of Immunology ( NII), Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt of India